|Nice X-FabKit 2024||
An underground motor from Nice Automation available in a 24v format as the Kit X-Metro .
The Kit X-Metro, ideal for swing gates with leafs up to 2.3 m, underground installation, ultra compact. New irreversible electromechanical 24 Vdc gear motor. The X-Metro is compatible for operation with the Solemyo system. Tough and discreet: compact foundation box with a height of only 81 mm. Steel with cataphoresis paint finish guarantees optimal resistance to corrosion, and thickness of 2.5 mm guarantees strength.
Cataphoresis is a surface treatment coating that can give high resistant to corrosion at the steel products and is characterized by an additional coating of a uniform epoxy or acrylic resin on the surface of the item, ensuring long outstanding protection against weather attacks, also allowing better adhesion of paint finish. The acrylic resin is different from the epoxy because it can remain in direct contact with bad weather conditions while maintaining the technical characteristics.
This treatment ensures a durable rust protection.
All this in a protrusion of just 52 mm from the ground. Practical and quick installation thanks to the exit lever on the gear motor attached directly on the leaf. Mechanical limit switches adjustable on opening and closing. Standard opening up to 180° with no accessory. Reliable and sturdy: the gear motor, in IP67 pressure die cast aluminium, suspended inside the housing to enable drainage of any deposits, ensures optimal water resistance. Practical release from inside and outside, acting directly on the gear motor, easy to operate by means of the special key.
New Moonclever control unit MC424:
- easy programming by pressing a single button;
- clutch with anti-crush safety feature;
- automatic memorization of limit switches on opening and closing with self-learning function;
- programming of pause time;
- pedestrian pass door;
- deceleration on opening and closing;
- obstacle detection;
- provision for connection of latest generation resistive sensitive edges;
- continues to work even during power failures using optional (PS124) batteries that fit inside the control unit.
1 - Underground motor ( Kit X-Metro shown )
2 - Electric Safety Photocells
3 - Remote keyfob
4 - Control Unit
5 - Keyswitch
Perfect for residential or light intensive use :
• simple programming, by means of a single key;
• self-learning of opening and closing limit positions;
• automatic fault diagnostics;
• programming of pause time;
• pedestrian pass door;
• deceleration on opening and closing;
• obstacle detection with dual technology;
• provision for connection of latest generation resistive sensitive edges.
When fitting the gate brackets to a wooden gate, we recommend that you insert stainless steel tubing (just large enough to sleeve the mounting bolt threads, and 1mm shorter than the thickness of the wood) through the gate mounting holes.
This will prevent over-tightening of the mounting bolts, and also avoid the repetitive push-pull on the mounting bolts from damaging the wood.
Remember if fitting underground drivers to wooden gates, it will be necessary to clad the gate bottom edge with metal to spread the load and to give something to attach the motor shoe. If you don't, the push-pull from the high torque will eventually split the wood.
All underground motors will operate underwater when new, but if left submerged, it is likely that water will eventually enter the motor and / or cable insulation will become porous. It is better to correctly drain the foundation cases from day one to protect your investment! Some additional fabrication/welding may be necessary to connect the drive shoe to your gates.
For more information on the electrical cabling requirements for this system please see our electric gate cabling guide.
Optional upgrades and accessories include:
* underground exit loop (detects the presence of a vehicle and automatically opens the gate)
* extra photocells
* additional key fobs
* intercom kit