Before you go ahead with Gate Automation there are a few factors you need to consider before making your purchase. Check that the gate structure is suitable for automation by the following:
- Referring to the documentation of the gate manufacturer
- Structural tests or calculations, if you click on our Risk Assessment For Swing Gates you will find out in more detail
- Check feasibility of correct fixture of mechanical transmission parts and anchoring of automation
There are various risks that you need to be aware of once you have your gate automation:
- The danger zone areas in and around the gate which are ‘risk zones’ to yourself
- Safety conditions in the event of a power failure or any faults
There are many other serious factors needed to be considered and there is a suitable safety guide for all Swing Gate Kits. Click here for the full instructions.